Eloquential combines well-founded research with artistic experiences along with a person centred approach to coach long term development in communication and performance skills.
We have a wealth of knowledge and experience including:
- extensive knowledge in the psychology of communication, inter-personal behaviours, influence, motivation and persuasion
- experience of the dramatic arts and how to harness methods and techniques involved in stage presence and performance
- understanding of person-centred psychology and a passion for the application of person-centred beliefs for generating long-term psychological change in others
- years of experience coaching individuals and running workshops which really work
- confidence and experience in adapting our approach according to individuals and groups to ensure that our support is valuable for their specific needs
Sarah Cruise established Eloquential in 2006.
Her love for the arts started when she was young, studying for LAMDA exams (completing the gold medal in speaking Verse and Prose in 1992), competing in various communication and performance competitions, and being involved in various productions both on and off stage including a few at the Edinburgh Festival in 1994, 2003 & 2004. Sarah achieved a 2:1 BA Hons degree in Theatre Design, and helped to run a theatre company in London called The Chelsea Players until 2005.
Her love for the science behind communication was kindled in 2003 after meeting Dr Branka Zei Pollerman of the Vox Institute in Geneva. Under her expert guidance Sarah began to understand and appreciate the extensive research behind how we communicate and interact with others. She has continued to learn from her since and keeps up to date with the latest relevant research.
Between 2010-2015, Sarah was privileged to be involved with a community of counsellors experiencing some intense experiential development in the person centred approach. This has broadened her understanding of people, how they develop, learn and change, and has greatly enhanced her own self-awareness and ability to provide a more effective coaching relationship for others to flourish.